Awareness Program at various communities
India is a densely populated country where a large number of people live without access to the basic education and primary health facilities. The situation is more complex in rural villages comparing to the urban areas.
Their houses are poorly established and do not have a proper supply of water and electricity. They somehow manage little water from resources available at the distant places and hardly think of having a shower, clean their clothes and renovate their shelters.
In addition to their poor socioeconomic condition, another major cause of their sufferings is lack of education and public awareness.
Plan to Empower, time to time do awareness programme related to health, education, sanitation and social standards with help of volunteer Doctors, who devote their time for the betterment of the society. Awareness programmes content the following objectives:-
- To increase public awareness that disease is a significant public health problem.
- To increase public awareness of symptoms and signs of disease.
- To improve the knowledge and attitudes of patients about detection, treatment, and control of the disease.
- To promote the family and community educational material essential for positive lifestyle habits.
- To create public awareness about the ill=effects of alcohol, smoking, and drugs, etc.
- This health awareness programme will also focus to develop a panel of local people who can handle any critical situation. These programmes help the local community:-
- To increase knowledge, attitude, and skills of all health professionals regarding sign, symptoms and management strategies for health hazards to improve disease control.
- To encourage health professionals to treat patients carefully.
- To develop resource and material for use of health professionals.
- To promote research all over the world to curb health hazards.
- To encourage continuing educational programmes on accurate information on diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- To encourage parents to send their girl child to schools.
Hence we use to run various awareness programs from time to time at our communities.