Empowering women means making a woman able to choose and control the choices that were previously restricted to her. It’s not merely a product or end-result, it’s a complete process. It’s the ability for a woman to have their own right to control and take advantage from different resources, assets, income and their own time as well. It also includes her ability to foresee the possible risks and improve the overall economic status and well being. Empowering women is important for a balanced society as women have always been discriminated in the society. It’s very important for the overall development of the society. It increases the quality as well as the quantity of the human resources for the development of the society. Nations and businesses can benefit a lot from the implementation of these women empowerment projects and policies.
Some of the programs that come under our woman empowerment project are as follows:
- Conducting English language classes for girls in the age group of 10-20 in order to improve their language skills and prepare them for their future career.
- Provide counseling to the women who come to our camps.
- Teach the women about some livelihood earning skills like sewing & stitching, beautician training, handicraft work etc.
- Guide the woman about good and healthy nutrition and diet.
- Give guidance about the early childhood care.
- Conduct adult literacy classes for woman above the age of 30.
- Conduct computer classes for the young woman and provide basic computer knowledge
- Give them tips on home budget managing.
- Inform and guide the women about the cons of marrying their girl child early.